Getting help from your council

In most cases, you'll need to contact your Borough first of all.


Is this what you were looking for?


If you are sleeping rough

StreetLink is a new service designed to help connect rough sleepers to local services. You can find out more about StreetLink, and refer yourself for help, by visiting or by calling 0300 500 0914. This is not an emergency service.

If you are worried you may become homeless

Help from the Council

LB Redbridge - Housing Advice Centre, 020 8708 4002 will tell you if you have a right to housing with the council; give information and advice on housing rights, hostels and private rented sector housing.

Day centres and other sources of housing advice and support

The following may be able to provide meals, showers, laundry facilities, access to health services, advice and referrals:

The Welcome Project: 020 8514 3283.